Monday, March 19, 2012

Redbud

Redbud by DiPics
Redbud, a photo by DiPics on Flickr.
Our son selected this Red Bud when we first moved in, several years later I planted daffodil bulbs in its shade. My father was with me that day, I placed a chair in the grass for him to sit upon as I knelt, digging into the soil, burying the bulbs beneath my sons tree. Dad watched as I went about my work, soon, he knelt down upon the ground next to me, brushing his fingertips against the shorn lawn in explorative sweeps. It was a beautiful day.
Love you dad. Always.

2 comments:

CC said...

What a sweet memory of a lovely day with your dad.

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful memory of your father , I have tears in my eyes, I lost my dad a year and a half ago...
Dads are so very special...
Smiles,
Christine