Tuesday, March 19, 2013

End Table Redo

My daughter bought this end table at the Salvation Army store to use in her gallery show, Beautiful Blight, last May. After the show it ended up in our garage, as the piece isn't even wood, my hubby was ready to donate it to charity. I liked the lines of the table and decided it would be perfect for our guest bedroom makeover.

I painted the entire piece in Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue. For the handle I painted in Old White, highlighted in Pure White and added some Duck Egg Blue details.




Once I was happy with the details of the handle, I rubbed some of the paint off to expose the original finish beneath,.

I finished both the handle and the table with Annie Sloan's Clear Wax. 

Here is the finished table with a few accessories.  


From ugly--to fresh and classy!

Next up for the guest bedroom project: A rescued damaged waterfall dresser and a wall mirror.

PJH Designs
Domestic Superhero
Post a Comment