Monday, October 22, 2012

Fallen Leaf


How beautifully leaves grow old.  

How full of light and color are their last days.  

~John Burroughs

One of my favorite fall decorating items are the grapevine roll's I purchased this from Michael's several years ago. They come plain, all you need is some fall leaves to tuck into the vine.  
No glue, or wire required. Simply unroll and tuck into the edge of the door frame.


Autumn bowed to place a beautiful crown on the Queen of Morning,
and her velvet robes sway merrily in the chilly breeze.
~Terri Guillemets




I like how they frame my view.
Youth is like spring,
an over praised season more remarkable for biting winds than genial breezes.
  Autumn is the mellower season,
and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits. 
~Samuel Butler

My Ugly Concrete Pineapple find--now sporting  a chalk-ware look  blends with the fall theme.
The one red leaf, the last of its clan,
That dances as often as dance it can,
Hanging so light, and hanging so high,
On the topmost twig that looks up at the sky.
~Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
  ~Elizabeth Lawrence


Party's

meet-me-monday-linky-party-17
From My Front Porch to Yours

2 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

i love your entrance. Very pretty and understated. I never thought of unrolling and using a simple grapevine roll like that. I'm going to remember this! Thanks for sharing.
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

Pamela said...

Your touches of fall are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us at THT!