Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stranger 3/100 Rock

Stranger 3/100 Rock by DiPics
Stranger 3/100 Rock, a photo by DiPics on Flickr.
Sunday my family went to Rombach Farms pumpkin patch. While my son, daughter and I picked our pumpkins in short order, my husband was still undecided, and continued to look for that elusive perfect carving pumpkin. His pumpkin hunt brings to mind a certain Halloween classic, doesn't it?

While hubby was in search of the great pumpkin, I zeroed in on this fellow as he was restocking pumpkins off of a flatbed farm truck. I asked him if he was a Rombach, he replied, no, he wasn't one, but he had married the only girl. I then asked if I could take his picture for my 100 stranger Flickr group, and he wasn't so sure--I reassured him my intent was to take photo's of people I didn't know, not "strange" people. This brought a chorus of laughter from the other workers up on the farm truck. He allowed the photo's, and when I asked his name, he simply replied Rock. So, stranger number 3 is Rock of Rombach Farms.

www.rombachsfarm.com/

IMG_3487

This picture is #3 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group page

IMG_3462
Rock, stranger, no let's say, new friend number 3, restocking the inventory.

IMG_3466
Rock taking some good natured ribbing from the photo shoot.



Pumpkin picking crew
My crew, on the annual hunt.

IMG_3478

IMG_3481



IMG_3456
Yes!

IMG_3446
Bonnie and Clyde made their annual appearance.

IMG_3458
Still on the hunt.

IMG_3444
KEEP OFF means....??

Giants
Now these are some Great Pumpkins.

IMG_3463
I can't tell you how long he looked, but I can tell you I took most of my photo's while he was in search of the  Great Pumpkin. Too much Charlie Brown as a kid, oh Linus....

IMG_3483

IMG_3489

IMG_3488
My selection, it smelled just like watermelon when I carved into it.

IMG_3457
A mountain of pumpkins, it looks like a large lumpy piece of candy corn, doesn't it?

IMG_3470
Time to head home for some pumpkin carving.


No comments: