Sunday, May 19, 2013

Painted Linen Matt: Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


The frame features a linen matt in country blue, the blue that was oh so popular in the 90's. The era of hunter green, mauve/rose and this particular hue of blue. I've heard of fabric paint, but with this strong color I would have had to go with black and I wanted a lighter color for this project. I went with my go to paint, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, using a flat craft paint brush it took a few coats to achieve a solid color.

Although this is a beautiful picture, it just isn't my taste, but I held onto the picture for the frame.


In this close up you can see how well it turned out. 
The old white colored matt goes perfectly with my daughters poster from her first gallery show. I'm quite happy with  this match up, the ornate frame goes well with her Victorian inspired art.
embellish.blogspot.com: a-round-tuit-154

No comments: